All Saints Church Bristol, originally built in the twelfth century, amazingly has the west end of the nave still standing. The east nave and aisle were added in the fifteenth century. The original tower, dated 1140, was replaced in 1716 by William Paul and completed by George Townsend. All Saints Church Bristol is found in the heart of the city surrounded by other buildings and houses. There is a Georgian coffee room over the north nave and a Priest’s room over the south nave! In the fifteenth century, the first public library in the kingdom could be found here. Located over the North aisle, it was built by the Kalenders, a brotherhood of clergy. By deed in 1464, they gave entry to all who wished to study but unfortunately in 1466 many of the manuscript books were lost to fire. The building is in use today as a Diocesan Education Centre, but visitors are always welcome. If you are visiting the city, also take the time to look for the . This Anglican Church architecture is of gothic revival and is one of the best examples of a Hall church in the UK – this is where nave and side aisle have been built to approximately the same height and under one roof. Well worth a visit.